Missing random submissions

Hi there, I have been experience a problem of missing submission for a project currently collecting data (using Enketo webforms). A couple of weeks ago, one submission was missing with no clue of what happened. We assumed it was human error, but yesterday two other submission disappeared despite the fact that all submissions were queued. I find no pattern onto which submissions are missing, since the data for others collected before and after do appear in the server.

This is the first time this happened to me with Kobo, and I am afraid this problem is going to cost me very important data collected in the field.

Welcome to the community, @sergiopuerto! Did you also see a confirmation message after the data was sent to the server? Please note that the submission should still be on the server if you have not seen this confirmation message.

Hi! Thank you for your response. I am not sure we got confirmation the data was sent to the server. The survey was submitted and the form cleared, such that a new form appeared. We assumed that was enough to store the data locally. The data was then uploaded during the day whenever we got an internet connection.

This did not happened to me personally, I never had this problem. Is it possible that is a problem related with the device used (android phone)? Also, it is not clear what submissions are affected, and it seems random.

@sergiopuerto, if you have used the Online-Offline (multiple submission) mode to collect your data through Enketo you may not get the confirmation each time you submit the submission to the server. You will need to check the Queue Records Pane as outlined in the support article Collecting Data through Web Forms.

Ideally, you should be able to see the submission in the browser if it was not sent to the server by typing the survey URL in the browser and then checking the Queue Records Pane. The submissions should be there if you have not cleared the cache of the browser.