Multiple Response Values

Hi Everyone,

I collected some data using kobocollect… I intend to analyse the data using SPSS statistical software. I downloaded the XLS values and then the SPSS Labels to be able to do this.

After this i opened the XLS values file then ran the extracted .sps file. All the labes and VALUES were successfully auto populated except for the MULTIPLE RESPONSE questions. Instead of getting “yes” and “no” in the values i get “1s” and “0s”.

How do i go about having the 1s and 0s autopopulated with correct values from the .sps file?

@bcl, generally, there are two types of multiple responses while managing data. The first one is when the variables are coded in category, i.e. the value may have a code of say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc., and the other one is the dichotomous where the value is coded as 0 and 1 (where 0 signifies false and 1 signifies true).

KoBoToolbox takes the latter one to handle multiple responses. Hence, you will have to manage it accordingly. But there are still ways to convert the dichotomous values of multiple responses to a categorical value or vice versa.