ODK Briefcase export not working

Hello

I’m trying to export my data from Kobo into ODK briefcase, I have pulled and pushed the data with success but when trying to export it doesn’t work. I don’t get an error message, it just continually loads, It was just a trial so only talking about 4/5 forms so surely shouldn’t take too long?

Any advice appreciated

Hi @non_williams,

Welcome to the community! Would you also mind letting us know the ODK Briefcase version that you are using.

Have a great day!

HI, yes its the 1.17.4

1 Like

Hi @non_williams,

Would you mind trying it out with some previous version. It should solve your issue. You could download the previous versions from here.

Kindly please let us know the version that worked for you. It would also benefit the community!

Have a great day!

Hello,

So I’ve since tried version 1.15.0 and that exported no problem,

However I now have another issue, when to pull data originally I had 4 completed forms, now I have 8. I can pull all 8 but when I try to push I get this message:

Preparing for upload of form definition with 0 media attachments
Uploading form definition with no media attachments
UPLOAD FAILED: Form definition upload failed. Detailed error: BAD REQUEST (400) while accessing: https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/non_williams/formUpload
Please verify that the form definition that is being uploaded is well-formed.
retrieving next chunk of instanceIds from server…
retrieving next chunk of instanceIds from server…
Partially successful upload…

Hi @non_williams,

Why have you been using the ODK Briefcase when you are able to perform all that required from the KPI? Would you mind trying out the same in the KPI. It should work.

Have a great day!

Hi I am a masters student and this was the programme recommended by my supervisor, I have done the encryption though ODK and used their XLS file for the original survey so want to stick to using that

Hi @non_williams,

Would you again switch with some previous versions. One of them from the list should work for you.

Have a great day!

Hi,

Congratulations on your studies. If you are using purely ODK system, I suggest you check also the ODK forum for additional support. There are some pretty good fellows who can be able to help with supporting you on issues related to ODKbriefcase.

Stephane

1 Like