ODK Validate Errors: [Fatal Error] :912:136: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document. >> XML is invalid. See above for the errors. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 912; columnNumber: 136

Pleass I need some help in correcting and preventing this error.:

your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

ODK Validate Errors: [Fatal Error] :912:136: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document. >> XML is invalid. See above for the errors. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 912; columnNumber: 136; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document. The following files failed validation: ${tmpngq7oslt} Result: Invalid

Thanks

Welcome to the community, @johntato! The first step we would recommend you is to validate your XLSForm through this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues in it?

Alright, I’ll try it and revert.

1 Like

I was able to correct the first two errors but have not been able to solve this: The following language declarations do not contain valid machine-readable codes: English (english). Learn more: http://xlsform.org#multiple-language-support.

I need some assistance.

Hi @johntato,

If you are using label::english in your form, you need to write it as label::english (en). There are language codes in the brackets.

You can see more info in here: Adding Another Language to your XLSForm — KoboToolbox documentation

1 Like

Hi #hakan_cetinkaya,

Thank you for your response. I have done the needful and revalidated through the online validator, it did not return any error as usual. Nevertheless, on trying to deploy the form, it still brought out the same error:

your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

ODK Validate Errors: [Fatal Error] :912:136: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document. >> XML is invalid. See above for the errors. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 912; columnNumber: 136; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x2) was found in the element content of the document. The following files failed validation: ${tmpngq7oslt} Result: Invalid

Kindly assist in getting rid of this.
Thank you.

Hi @johntato,

Can you check 912th line and 136th row of your xls file?

There might be a problematic character in that area.

Also can you provide a screenshot of that part of your xls file?

1 Like

Thank you very much. The problem has been solved after I re-uploaded the form as a fresh project.

Regards.

2 Likes

@johntato :clap: :clap:

1 Like