Problem Image Display in form

Hello folks,

i can’t find anything that helps me with my problem,
My aim is to display pictures in my form, i tried fixes from the forum,
but still it doesnt work.

when i started, there was a quick note from kobo that the media upload
isn’t working any longer (i just saw it for a second).

so i use firefox on windows 10. before using te weblinks i used the uploader,
but anyhow in the preview / opened form there is only a text remark for “image”
but no image…

here what i did in excel, and the form:

thank you so much!

nadine

Welcome to the community @isiris! Maybe this po9st discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

Basically, when you are trying to use the media url, the image should show up when you click the url. If this does not happen means your url should not work properly.

hello, thanks for the super quick answer.
maybe using the dropbox wasn’t ideal. i tried it again with this image
[https:// s12.directupload. net/images/210119/58nis5ep. png] (spaces removed of cause)
and also with an uploaded picture from my computer, but still it doesn’t work.

i also tested it in chrome, but there is only the image remark with a little broken image avatar.

i’ll attach a picture of the excel table in the next post,
since i can only use two links here :slight_smile:

Hope you read this!

Firstly, thank you very much for your answer, i really did everything as described in this step by step guide https://support.kobotoolbox.org/media.html I also tried the fix in your attached post. It doesn’t work.

There are still just remarks for the images. In the Chrome browser, at least I see a little broken pictuee item next to the word image.

I tried to build the form from scratch after your instructions, but then the form is empty. Also different question types seem not to be able to implement.

Even, when i use your excel-sheet and do everything as you instructed in the attached post, i can’t see the image. everything else works fine.

maybe there are browser settings that block the display?

best regards

In my former post which was flagged as advertisement (?) you @Kal_Lam kindly wrote:

So firstly, thank you very much for your answer, i did to start over again from scratch and did everything as described in this step by step guide Adding Various Types of Media (image, audio, video) to a Form — KoboToolbox documentation I also tried the fix in your attached post. Neighter of which worked.

There are still just text remarks for the not displayed images. In the Chrome browser, at least, I see a little broken picture item next to the remark.

Even, when i (just for test reasons) use your excel-sheet and do everything as you instructed in the attached post, i can’t see the image. Everything else works fine.

Maybe there are browser settings that block the pictures?

best regards and many thanks

I just tried to open the form on my mobile phone and there all the pictures are all properly displayed. two days of headache for nothing…

1 Like

Hi @isiris,

So you mean your issue is solved?

theoretically yes, I still don´t understand why firefox and chrome don*t display the images but as long as i can view them on my android device, i can work.

i checked also the adblocker but the problem persisted.

anyhow, i think it’s good to know also for other users that they might not be the problem but the browser or settings they use.

thank you very much!

1 Like