Problem with Dynamic Data Attachments dates and select-Multiple

Hello,

I am facing two issues related to Dynamic Data Attachments. First, I am having trouble pre-loading select-multiple responses from a parent form in a child form. I have tried the syntax in the Dynamic Data Attachments (Follow-up2.xlsx, attached) support article and syntax provides by Humanitarian Data Solutions (Follow-up.xlsx, attached). Neither seem to work.

Second, I am having trouble loading dates from a parent form into an xmlnote on the child form. This works fine when loading responses to select_one and select_multiple questions, but not a date question.

Three forms are attached here. The parent form (Registration), and two versions of the follow-up form. The ${P_date} does not appear in the xmlnote line. The responses to C_resource_concerns, C_bmps_discussed, C_funding_discussed, and C_barriers do not pre-load from the parent form.

Any help would be much appreciated. Please let me know if you have questions.

Best,
Dan
Follow-up2.xlsx (15.5 KB)
Follow-up.xlsx (15.7 KB)
Registration.xlsx (17.7 KB)

@DanielJohnRead, did you mean you tried the sample XLSForm shared in the support article, and that, too, did not work?

Hi @Kal_Lam, yes, I have tried amending the sample XLSForm in the support article, and was not able to get the responses to pre-load in the child form. If you are able to check over the forms attached to my previous post and suggest solutions, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe it has something to do with my groups, but am not sure.

Many thanks,
Dan

Hi @Kal_Lam, I just wanted to quickly check in again to see if you can help me identify the error in my XLS code. Any help is greatly appreciated!

All the best,
Dan

Hi, I just wanted to check if you were ever able to resolve this? I’m having the same problem where the text, select_one and date type questions are filling correctly, but the select_multiple questions are blank.

For example, if my form is called ‘same_form’ and I have a question ‘leader_types’ then instance(‘same_form’)/root/data[record_id = current()/…/prev_record_id]/leadership_questions/leader_types will be blank despite having a matching record id.

Hi @barbaraT,

I eventually got it to work and I think it was a combination of two things. First, Dynamic Data Attachments doesn’t like Groups. I ungrouped all questions in my child_form. I’ve seen others in this community who say that it works with Groups if you put the xml-external line within each group. But I haven’t tried this. Second, make sure you are running the most up-to-date version of Enketo Web Forms and Kobo. There was an update last month on Enketo (which updated when I refreshed the website while entering data into the form), and everything worked wonderfully after that.

Hope that helps. Best of luck to you.

Dan