Questions/answers not shown in CSV file

Hi,

Thanks for your amazing support!

I aggregated the first 24 surveys with KoBo Sync, which worked beautifully.
Then, I opened the CSV file with Excel but for some reason, some questions are not shown at all. The same applies for some answers, although an answer was required.
I attached the original CSV-file (WASH kit Evaluation) and the one that I organised a bit as some questions were not in the right order (WASH kit evaluation 20 05 19.47).

Do you have an idea why that is and is the data lost now?
Do you know a way around it?

The enumerators will go in the field tomorrow (it’s already 8 PM here in Fiji).

Thanks a lot,
Larissa

WASH_Kit_Evaluation_Engl.csv (10.6 KB)

WASH_Kit_Evaluation_Engl_25 05 19.47.csv (12.2 KB)

Hi Larissa,
KoBoSync only includes columns in the CSV it produces if there was any instance with data for that variable. So, for example, any ‘note’ question (which doesn’t take a response) or a question that is skipped by all enumerators would not be included as there would be no data to display and analyze. If you’re missing a question for which the response was mandatory, we’d have to check your questionnaire as well to be sure it’s properly marked as required. So the most likely reason I can think of is that indeed no responses were entered for these questions, or that there is some other issue with your form.

Could you send your form, indicating which questions you were missing in the data so we can test it?

Tino

···

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Larissa Leben lariss...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Then, I opened the CSV file with Excel but for some reason, some questions are not shown at all. The same applies for some answers, although an answer was required.
I attached the original CSV-file (WASH kit Evaluation) and the one that I organised a bit as some questions were not in the right order (WASH kit evaluation 20 05 19.47).

Thanks a lot,
Larissa

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Tino, this is the file.

Thanks for your help,
Larissa

Survey_Engl_final 21May2014.xml (85.1 KB)

ah sorry and it does not work for question 8a, 8b, 10c1, 10c2, 10c4 and 10c6.

and for 9b there are no answers for some questions shown although it was required.

Hi Larissa,

I checked the form and csv. The fields with no answer are the result of the skipping pattern in your form:

For q10c1 to be asked, q10aN must be selected in response to q10a

For q10c2 to be asked, q10aM must be selected in response to q10a

For q10c4 to be asked, q10aTb must be selected in response to q10a

For q10c6 to be asked, q10aC must be selected in response to q10a

The reason you don’t see value for these fields (c1,c2, c4, c6) is that these answers were never selected in response to q10a (the range of responses included only q10aF q10aH q10aTp q10aTP q10aORS and a lot of q10aOth)

For question 9b to be asked, q6a must be equal to q6aIEC.

I checked the CSV and any questionnaire without response for 9b did not have “q6aIEC” selected for q6a

For question 8a and 8b, it is more problematic because of your skipping pattern

8a requires q7a to be ’ ', and q7b1 = 2 – which is an impossible statement (q7a cannot be null since it is mandatory – I am also not sure it is logical since it would require the number of requested bars of soap to be exactly 2)

8b requires q7a to be ’ ', and q7b1 = 5 – which is an impossible statement (q7a cannot be null since it is mandatory – I am also not sure it is logical since it would require the number of requested bars of soap to be exactly 5).

It may be late, but I would suggest editing the skipping pattern if it is not doing what was intended…

Best,

Patrick

···

and for 9b there are no answers for some questions shown although it was required.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+unsu...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

That’s weird. I never set any rules for question 8a and 8b, they somehow just were there. (the required answers don’t even make sense)… and when I try to delete them and click on another question and then back on question 8a, it shows the same skip logics… that is really strange…
Do you know why? Or can you delete it?

Thanks for you help! I try to do it tonight so that the enumerators have it tomorrow morning.

Best,
Larissa

···

Am Sonntag, 25. Mai 2014 20:06:08 UTC+12 schrieb Larissa Leben:

Hi,

Thanks a lot,
Larissa

I managed to fix the file.

Thanks a lot for your help and support, that is great!
Best regards,
Larissa

Great – I am always a little bit hesitant to edit someone else’s form!

On koBomaps, we have currently slowed the development/ release of the tool while KoBoToolbox is being completely revised (would be great to hear your feedback on the current version – we know many of the drawback, but anything you can tell us about your experience would be useful)

That being said we may be able to do something so that the map works for you – it may be best to contact us directly (pvi…@hsph.harvard.edu)

Best,

Patrick

···

I managed to fix the file.

Thanks a lot for your help and support, that is great!

Best regards,

Larissa

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+unsu...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

No worries at all!

Thanks, sure I will be happy to give you feedback. On which email address would you like to receive it?

Regarding KoBo maps, I will contact you directly at the email address you sent.

Best and thanks a lot,
Larissa

Hi Patrick,

I send a message RE mapping with KoBomaps to the email address you sent me but no reply yet, is this the right one and do you think we can get something working by the end of next week regarding KoBo maps with the data we collected? This would be wonderful.

Thanks a lot,
Larissa