Questions Missing

Dear community, I am facing a challenge as I am planing data collection. I have programmed all questions on Kobotoolbox and still all questions can’t appear on a smartphone or tablets either using Odk collect or Kobo collect. Can anyone assist? These questions were under conditions (skip logic). They had to appear if a certain condition is met. All those conditions were met but none of the questions appeared. Can one assist please?

Hi @gracerubambura,

Would you mind sharing us your xlsform and also informing us the questions that you don’t see in the collect android app. We would like to test it at our end.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam.
Thanks for your reply and willingness to help. unfortunately I am not able to upload a file since I am still a new user. Is there any other way I can share it with you?

Hi @gracerubambura,

You should now be able to upload the xlsform. Would you mind giving a try.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam, it still cannot work. I am trying to upload but the same message keeps appearing.

“Sorry, New users can not upload attachments”
Is there any other way I can use to share it with you?

Hi @gracerubambura,

Kindly please do the following:

• Refresh your page (pressing F5)
  • The upload the xlsform as outlined in the image below:
    Image 0

You should be able to upload!

Have a great day!

[aKPFQUcWrrJfvFsGCZF2FZ.xlsx|attachment](upload://5L558ijCDgjS1Sssv4PdaKPFQUcWrrJfvFsGCZF2FZ.xlsx (13.9 KB) yy4r0WM.xlsx) (13.9 KB)

Thank you. I think it’s now working.

Hi @gracerubambura,

Could you let us know the question that you assume is missing.

Have a great day!

Hi @gracerubambura,

Seems like you are using and instead of or. Would you mind trying out the edited xlsform. The changes have been highlighted in yellow. The skip should now work as expected!

Reference xlsform:
aKPFQUcWrrJfvFsGCZF2FZ.xlsx (13.4 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you very much. It’s now working. I appreciate your support. Would you mind telling where the error was when I was designing?

1 Like

Hi @gracerubambura,

Please compare (your xlsform with mine) the highlighted yellow relevant columns.

Have a great day!

Thank you very much.
I now can see where the problem was.

1 Like

Maybe Kat_Lam has the right answer.

I had a similar issue. Be careful of “and” / “or” when using several conditions. That makes the difference.

2 Likes

Hello. After uploading questions to kobo i cannot find some questions. Wish to know what might be the problem

Hi @Fai,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind providing us more information so that it would be easy for us to dig in to your issue. Information required:

• Server you are using (OCHA or HHI). If you don’t know please share with us the link of your survey
    project. It should help us identify the server you are using.
  • How are you collecting your data? (Enketo or KoBoCollect android app)

Have a great day!

Hello Lam

Thanks for your mail. I think i am using the OCHA server. https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#dZ1p6fcM
and ma using kobo collect for data collection.

Waiting to hear from you

Kind regards

Theophile

Hi @Fai,

Much clear now. Would you mind sharing with me (if you think it’s confidential, you could share it in a private message) your xlsform so that we could test the same at our end. Also please let us know the variable (question) you assume is missing while sending the data to the server (so that we could be specific with your issue).

Have a great day!