Change response from the repeat count

Dear sir,
I would like to ask you some questions.
For example:
Question1: How many families member?
Answer: 3
And after that will show the repeat count question 3 times but when I want to change the answer from 3 to 2 the data in kobo collect app not delete and will show the data of 3 so what can I do with this problem?

Thanks,

Hi @Ah_ly,

Welcome back to the community! Please be informed that this is one of the downside of Collect android app where you are not allowed to change the repeat group based on the repeat count you made during data collection.

However, this is not an issue while collecting data in Enketo. You are able to change the repeat group based on the repeat count (during data collection).

Hence, my suggestion for you on this would be to either discard your current form and make a fresh new data collection or be very cautious while filling out the number (in Question 1: How many families member?) so that it does not affect the repeat group followed subsequently or try filling up your forms in Enketo.

Have a great day!

Hi @Ah_ly,

The credit for this workaround goes to @stephanealoo! Thanks @stephanealoo for providing this workaround!

Please have a look at the workaround to over come your issue. This workaround does not make use of the count repeat though. The only downside of this method is that you will need to spend a lot of time designing your survey form when compared to the one you are doing currently (i.e. with the repeat count) which is possible with a single line (and saves lot of your time).

Follow the instructions outlined below:

1. If you change the number of household members from 3 to 2 i.e. as in the example above. The first step is to leave it at 3.
  2. Go to each question in the repeat and press for long, this will give you an option to delete the response.
  3. Do this for all the questions.
  4. Go back and correct the number of household members to be two.

Normally for household listing as is the issue in this case, I normally recommend that you create this with a prompt i.e. is there another household member. I prefer this approach to household listing since it provides an opportunity to really play well with complex calculations etc. I have attached a sample for what I normally use as a household listing questionnaire.

Reference xlsform:
Household Listing Questionnaire.xls (13.5 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. I will try it as your advice.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Kal_Lam I have been looking for this information. Finding this make my day.

It is a hidden feature on KoboCollect that we can Remove the response by “long press” on the question to remove response or remove group.

By the way, is there a full manual on KoboCollect usage available?