Repeat

Hi, I'm having difficulty making the repeat function work and tried
your suggestion editing the XML, but no luck. When will the new
version KoBo be available where this is fixed?

I’d love to see how you’re doing with the XML. Sorry that the current version doesn’t automate groups and repeating, but we’re working on it.
Why don’t you post your XML, I’m sure we can find where you went wrong.

~Neil

···

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM, MB mbekker...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, I’m having difficulty making the repeat function work and tried

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Hi Neil

I’m not complaining this stuff is exactly what I’m looking for , I’m just a bit stupid working around the “repeat” option. Once I’ve added a “repeat” option and I save I get a"Unexpected Failure" message, I’m attaching a sample that I tried here but basically what I need is:

Q1 - Relationship to Household head - Single select
Q2 - Gender - Single select
Q3 - Full name - text
Q4 - Age - number
Q5 - Residential Status - Single select
Q6 - Education - Single select
Q7 - Other skills - Single select with last option “Other”

Q7.1 - If Other skills “Other” specify here - Text (not required)
Q8 - Marital status - Single select

Then repeat the above, we’ve had households with up to 27 members.

We’re planning a household survey for a Biofuels project in Sierra Leone with about 3400 households and 25 000 people in total. We plan to use 20 field workers using Lenovo A1 tablets and hope to complete the survey in about 6 weeks starting the beginning of May. This will be an monitoring survey, the original baseline study was done using hard copy sheets and the data capture is an nightmare. I’ve tested a small sample questionnaire an a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and the GPS, photo and single select option works fine.

Regards,

Martin

Sample.xml.docx (5.12 KB)

···

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Neil Hendrick neil.h...@kobotoolbox.org wrote:

I’d love to see how you’re doing with the XML. Sorry that the current version doesn’t automate groups and repeating, but we’re working on it.

~Neil

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Martin,

You attached a file in the DOCX format, which might be the reason you are having trouble. You need to edit your forms in a plain text editor. I recommend Notepad++ if you are on Windows, or Scite if you are on Linux. Save as filename.xml

~Neil

···

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Martin Bekker mbekker...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Neil

I’m not complaining this stuff is exactly what I’m looking for , I’m just a bit stupid working around the “repeat” option. Once I’ve added a “repeat” option and I save I get a"Unexpected Failure" message, I’m attaching a sample that I tried here but basically what I need is:

Q1 - Relationship to Household head - Single select
Q2 - Gender - Single select
Q3 - Full name - text
Q4 - Age - number
Q5 - Residential Status - Single select
Q6 - Education - Single select
Q7 - Other skills - Single select with last option “Other”

Q7.1 - If Other skills “Other” specify here - Text (not required)
Q8 - Marital status - Single select

Then repeat the above, we’ve had households with up to 27 members.

We’re planning a household survey for a Biofuels project in Sierra Leone with about 3400 households and 25 000 people in total. We plan to use 20 field workers using Lenovo A1 tablets and hope to complete the survey in about 6 weeks starting the beginning of May. This will be an monitoring survey, the original baseline study was done using hard copy sheets and the data capture is an nightmare. I’ve tested a small sample questionnaire an a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone and the GPS, photo and single select option works fine.

Regards,

Martin

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Neil Hendrick neil.h...@kobotoolbox.org wrote:

~Neil