Report crash

Hi to all,
I record some data the report was working properly, I assume that the GPS positon of the record was not taken due to a missunderstanding of the operator.
At this point I re open all the record and point on the map the position and save it.
Now as I try to open the report the pages on my browser became white.
The data are present, the position is correctly plotted on the map but non report are available.
Can you help me?
This is my first time using KoboToolbox.
Many thanks.

Hi @delegatoaeudine,

If you were able to successfully submit the data (to the server) and if you are having problems with viewing data through the browser, you could try downloading the data and viewing in the desired format you wish. Maybe you were not able to view the data (in the browser) due to the internet speed.

Dear Kal,

I’m using fiber connection with 70 Mbps in delia’s and 40 Mpbs in upload.

Only for that report the platform crash, for all the others it works, the white pages occurred just after the modification of the position field on the single record. If I visualize the new positions on the maps it works, the reports pages crash.

Piero D’Agosto

Croce Rossa Italiana

DLAE - Comitato di Udine

Via Pastrengo 31

33100 Udine - Italia

tel. +39 0432 530848

fax. +39 0432 205874

mob. +39 335 275214

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e-mail - ed ogni eventuale documento a questo allegato - sono riservate e ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione, l’utilizzo e/o la conservazione di dati ed informazioni ricevute per errore costituiscono violazioni alle disposizioni del D. Lgs. 196/2003. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di cancellarlo da ogni vostro computer e di contattare il mittente via e-mail.
This e-mail (including any attachments) contains confidential information, privileged and for the sole use of the intended recipient (addressee named above). Please, note that, any forwarding, use, reliance and disclosure of data and information received by error is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender.

Informativa Generale sul Trattamento dei Dati Personali (formato PDF)

Could you kindly provide your KoBo User Name and the name of the project so that we could track the problem that is seen in your deployed project!

Unfortunately I can’t due to the fact that the collected informations are sensible.

I do apologize.

Piero D’Agosto

Croce Rossa Italiana

DLAE - Comitato di Udine

Via Pastrengo 31

33100 Udine - Italia

tel. +39 0432 530848

fax. +39 0432 205874

mob. +39 335 275214

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e-mail - ed ogni eventuale documento a questo allegato - sono riservate e ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione, l’utilizzo e/o la conservazione di dati ed informazioni ricevute per errore costituiscono violazioni alle disposizioni del D. Lgs. 196/2003. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di cancellarlo da ogni vostro computer e di contattare il mittente via e-mail.
This e-mail (including any attachments) contains confidential information, privileged and for the sole use of the intended recipient (addressee named above). Please, note that, any forwarding, use, reliance and disclosure of data and information received by error is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender.

Informativa Generale sul Trattamento dei Dati Personali (formato PDF)

Hi @delegatoaeudine,

We understand your concern. Correct me if i have understood your problem.

You assume that the GPS coordinates was not recorded previously due to some miss-understanding. You then re-opened all the records and saved the GPS coordinates by pointing to the map.

Now when you try to view the data, the screen turns white. So you ensure that the data is there but is not able to view through the server report.

Some of my queries:

• What did you enter the data with? (ENKETO or KoBoCollect)
  • Where did you edit and save the data at? (Browser or KoBoCollect)
  • How did you edit the map?
  • Were you able to download the data from the server?

Dear Kal,

You assume that the GPS coordinates was not recorded previously due to some miss-understanding. YES

You then re-opened all the records and saved the GPS coordinates by pointing to the map. YES

Now when you try to view the data, the screen turns white. YES

So you ensure that the data is there but is not able to view through the server report. YES

Some of my queries:

Many thanks.

Piero D’Agosto
Croce Rossa Italiana
DLAE Comitato di Udine
Via Pastrengo 31
33100 Udine - Italia
Tel. +39 0432 53 08 48
Fax. +39 0432 20 58 74
mob. +39 335 27 52 14
Email: delegato.emergenza@criudine.it

Hi @delegatoaeudine,

Maybe if you have already downloaded the Excel version of your project data-set you could use some other softwares (ArcGIS- paid software or QGIS- freeware) to plot the GPS coordinates in the map. However i will flag your issue to the developer so that such issues don’t occur in the upcoming days and even check why the problem existed. But please be informed that unless having your user account name might not clearly be enough for the developers to understand the issue.

Kindly please suggest!