Saving row or column labels in matrix

When saving changes to my matrix question, the newly added labels for columns and rows are not saved, resp. they have disappeared when reopening the Survey - both in the preview and the editing modus. - What do I need to do that the labels are saved? Or is it matter of type of browser I am using?
Thanks for any hints! - Raphael

Hi @raphael_dischl,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind letting us know the browser you are using (so that the issue gets documented in the forum for other users as well)?

As a workaround have you tried using a different browser than the one you are currently using. Hopefully this should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal_Lam
Many thanks for your response and suggestion. - I have indeed tried to use two different browsers: Firefox (Version 68.4.2esr) and explorer (Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0), The Problem appears in both browsers.
I wonder whether the issues has to do with another problem I face: When entering the editing modus, an error message appears: “There is an unnamed translation in your form definition.
Please give a name to all translations in your form. Use “Manage Translations” option from form landing page.”… I had not created such translation, but when opening the manage language option, such unnamed language indeed appears. Each time I delete it, it reappears next time and the same error message pops up. Do you know why?
have a nice day and thanks again!

Hi @raphael_dischl,

Seems like you have more than one language in your survey form where some labels have not translated. Try completing your translations and you should be able to fix the issue. You could have a look at the support article on how to manage translations here on how to translate via the form builder UI and here on how to translate via the xlsform.

Besides, please be aware that we would recommend using chrome as your browser while working with KoBoToolbox.

Please let us know if it solved your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Many thanks for your great support! We will look into your proposed options and let you know whether it works.
Best wishes

2 Likes