skip logic

Hello All,

I am trying to build in some basic skip logic which i have done successfully before. The trouble I am having now is getting it to prompt me to choose between “is equal to”, is “not equal to”, type parameters. Right now i am only promted to enter the reference question name and then the drop down list of “is in list”, “is not in ilst”, “null”, etc. If i simply select the question number and then specify values in that question I want to prompt the condition, can i assume the logic means " Is not skipped when ‘question name input’ is equal to ‘question value input’?

Hi there,
If I understand you correctly, you want to add a skip logic condition based on the reply given to a multi select question. You are right in this case, you first add the referenced question, then choose ‘is in list’ and then in the third box (click the line to the right) type in the answer choice you want to refer to. I’ve done this in the example of an ‘other, specify’ response. See the below screenshot and the attached form.

Inline image 2

Good luck,

Tino

My pizza form.xml (2.55 KB)

···

Tino Kreutzer

Program Manager
KoBoToolbox | Harvard Humanitarian Initiative

Tel +1 416 879 3667 | Skype tinokreutzer

tino.k...@kobotoolbox.org

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:42 PM, rsklar mail4...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello All,

I am trying to build in some basic skip logic which i have done successfully before. The trouble I am having now is getting it to prompt me to choose between “is equal to”, is “not equal to”, type parameters. Right now i am only promted to enter the reference question name and then the drop down list of “is in list”, “is not in ilst”, “null”, etc. If i simply select the question number and then specify values in that question I want to prompt the condition, can i assume the logic means " Is not skipped when ‘question name input’ is equal to ‘question value input’?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.