Translations not saving

I’m using the ‘update translation’ tool and only about half of the translations I’ve added have saved after I close the form, despite having saved frequently while editing the form.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this, it will not save any translations beyond a certain point…

Hi @sammieibr, @solangec,

Could you kindly show us a screenshot of the problem that you are facing. That would help us provide suggestions to solve the issue.

Having the exact same issue currently. I have 5 pages of translations. All the questions seem to persist fine.

However the answers are not always saving. I’ll go through all the pages and enter all the translations and save but then I go back and a different set of answers got cleared.

It’s very annoying and is preventing us from going live with our survey we are already delayed please help asap

ADDITION:

I just confirmed the PATCH request that was fired upon saving my updates, the json for each answer I changed the translation value is null for each

{"$kuid":"vwNHH4YSN","list_name":"bv1uy07","$autovalue":"yes","name":"yes","label":["Yes",null]}

Opened a github issue here: https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kpi/issues/2274

It appears to be caused by multiple choices using the same name (which I think is a common use case given that many of my form’s questions use “Yes”, “No” choices. It will always find the same item and will eventually override it to whatever the last instance of that name’s value is

can confirm this is the issue. single instance choice names save fine

Prior to saving

After exiting the translations model and re-entering (after hitting save)

Hi @joeypedicini92, thanks for creating the issue on GitHub. Our developers are looking into this.

@sammieibr @tinok
Hi, I was also facing the same problem while translating into Bengali. Then I downloaded the form and then manually entered the translations into the Xls form. It worked then!
The problem I found that due to the same value options in different questions (i.e. Questions on 2 marked sections have the same value options in Questions on 1. and Kobo is taking the reference of only one section of value options while managing the transaltion from web. See this.

1 Like

I have the same issue when designing the Survey online, specifically with multiple choice question answers that repeat (e.g. Yes/no) - have you found a solution to this Problem? I would appreciate it a lot!

Hi all, did you get a solution to the translation not being saved? I am experiencing the same problem right now. I manually wrote the Spanish translation for all my survey’s questions, but after some point they are not being saved anymore. Thanks in advance!