Two different form versions and comma

Hello,

I have some issue with a kobo form.

I deployed a first version of the form that I opened on enketo on the three tablets I used on the field, then realized there were some issues to adress, so I edited the form and deployed it again. The refresh didn’t work on one tablet and I only noticed once on the field (with no internet, of course). Some questions weren’t in the right order, not well written etc. I thought I would get the two different form data in two different excel sheets but I didn’t. It’s all in one and some data from the faulty form is missing. Do you know if it’s possible to retrieve this data, one way or another ? I tried using xls, xls (old version) and also “include data from all 9 versions”.

Thank you all in advance for your replies !

Welcome to the community, @Crstm! Seems like you did not refresh the survey page properly after redeployment when collecting your data with Enketo.

Hello ! Yes I figure that’s what happen but do you think that the data collected on that previous version is forever lost ?

@Crstm, you will not have any values for the questions if you have not filled them up.

Hello,

I did fill them up. What happened is that on version 1 a few questions as tables (let’s say questions 1, 2 and 3) were in the wrong order or were bugged. So in version 2, I deleted them and redid them entirely (let’s say the new questions are called 1a, 2a, 3a). So when I filled the form which was in v1 on one tablet, I filled questions 1,2,3 and when I filled the form which was on v2, I filled questions 1a, 2a, 3a. But when downloading the excel, I only see questions 1a, 2a and 3a and none of the 1, 2, 3 questions even when they were filled up. This data surely must be somewhere no ?

I have the same issue; am looking for roughly 150 entries in an older version of the form, where can I find them?

Hi @Daphne.Mulder,

Looking to this article might help you: Recovering Data From Previous Form Versions — KoboToolbox documentation

Hello,

In my case, ticking this box doesn’t change anything