Unable to deploy the XLS Form

I have prepared the XLS form for my survey, it has around 1836 questions.

When checked in ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x, the form could not be validated.

and also in Kobotoolbox it is unable to deploy.

Some screenshots and an XLS file have been attached.

Please Help Me.

Welcome to the community, @bishwashm! This could be an issue with the total number of questions your survey project holds. Maybe you will need to reduce the questions or split the question into 2 or maybe even 3 different projects.

@Kal_Lam How many questions can we have in one form/project ?

There is no specific rule as the same may be affected by various factors such as the total number of questions, the complexity of your survey project (i.e. the constraints and expressions you have used).

@Kal_Lam Yeah! same… when I removed all the constrains/relevant then it works, but with relevance stated it wont deploy.
So, only way is the split the project? Any there are any other way?

Maybe splitting the survey project and then validating them with this online validator should be the best option.

Thank you sir. @Kal_Lam
But to inform you that some files that are successfully validated in online validator you mentioned do not deploy in kobotoolbox.

In such cases you will need to manually check out the headers and expressions that has been used in the xlsform.

Hello @bishwashm,

What are the error messages you get? Could you provide a screenshot, please?
Of course, errors need to be fixed, before you can deploy the form.

It is preferable to do online validation step-by-step during developing a form.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam
@wroos
I would like to inform you that this form is now getting validated but not deployed in kobo.

@wroos

@bishwashm, maybe this post discussed previously should help you provide more details on why this happens:

Hello, I have a project with the same error. It was deplyed but then I cannot open the for in online-offline mode. It is showing the error after 60seconds. there are 3453 questions and long list of options.

Can you help? will breaking up the form into parts help?

Welcome back to the community, @suranjana! It’s because of the number of questions you have in your survey project. Try reducing the number of questions and you should be able to load the survey project.

Hello,

It opened this morning without any fuss. I think it took time to upload in the server after i had finished preparing the form and deploying it. It does not work or update immediately, i have noticed in earlier cases.

So the problem is no more.

Thank you so very much.

Suranjana

1 Like