Unable to edit survey form in KoBoToolbox Formbuilder UI

Dear Sir,
I cannot edit my kobo form in kobo toolbox, I had 8000 rows in xls format and when I am uploading it i just can preview it when I want to edit it in kobo it is taking a lot of time and then giving the popup that wait or reload and I did many times it is not working, what should I do in this case?

Hi @kawo786,

Would you mind ensuring the followings:

• Check if you are able to deploy your survey form?
  • If you are not able to deploy your survey form, would you mind checking your xlsform for any syntax error (within it). Sometimes having the same would also hinder you from previewing or editing.

Please let us know so that we could dig deeper to solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Yh I can deploy them they don’t have any errors

Hi @kawo786,

Are you having issues with previewing your survey forms?

Have a great day!

yes i have problem with survey forms

Hi @kawo786,

In this case, would you mind sharing your xlsform with us (in a private message if it is confidential) so that we could have a look at our end.

Have a great day!

How can i share the xlsform in private message. I mean can you please send the url of your private message?

Hi @kawo786,

I have just sent you a private message!

Have a great day!

Hi @kawo786,

Saw that your survey tab has roughly 70 questions while your choices tab has around 4500 choices. Would recommend you to use the select_one_from_file or select_multiple_from_file question type for questions that has a lot of options.

For details on how to design your survey form using the same, please see the support article here.

Have a great day!

Thanks for your cooperation, If I face any problem I will message you in here, then please help me in that because I have to submit 5 forms like this in this week.

1 Like

Dear @Kal_Lam,
I have read the link you shared but it seems that it will just work in enketo while collecting the data so it will not work for me in kobocollect
because the surveyors are working on kobocollect.