Unable to redeploy Error 400

how can i resolve this problem or how can i know where the duplicate is? i have built the form in the system not a separate template.

unable to deploy
your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:
Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“The name column for the 'zz0ja48' choice list contains these duplicates: 'other__specify'. Duplicate names will be impossible to identify in analysis unless a previous value in a cascading select differentiates them. If this is intentional, you can set the allow_choice_duplicates setting to 'yes'. Learn more: XLSForm.org”}’

Hi @cgachoki and welcome to the community!

Easiest way to deal with this issue is by downloading your form as XLS file and find the duplicate in there. You can learn how to download your form as XLS file in here:

https://support.kobotoolbox.org/getting_started_xlsform.html#downloading-an-xlsform-from-kobotoolbox

1 Like

Hi hekan. thanks am new on this so i cant seem to spot my problem exactly. pls guide because despite seeing the error code reffered i don’t know where the duplicate is or what i should look out for.

Hi @cgachoki,

There are 3 worksheets in your excel. Namely: survey, choices , and settings. In the choices sheet, you’ll have three columns with headings: list_name , name , label. You can find more info in here: Getting started with XLSForm — KoboToolbox documentation

In the choices sheet: under name column, names should be unique.

1 Like

Thanks so much redeployment succesful

2 Likes