I added more options to a variable and deployed the form. Upon doing so, I have a strange option in my downloaded report, namely client_partiic. This option was not added by me and is showing for 70% of my data now (including old data too). Please suggest how can I resolve this issue?
Thanks for the feedback! This is not a free text question and currently the old data is showing this unknown option too. Also, I would like to add that this option is not listed as a choice for the question, but it shows in the report
Though your current survey form (questionnaire) does not have the miss-matched code at the moment, it should have been uploaded at some point of time during one of the re-deployments you have made in the past. Thus this is the reason why it is still here. Maybe you could try it out yourself in a demo survey project.
Thus as a workaround i would advise you to track your re-deployed forms (questionnaire) and see on where you have used the miss-matched code. You could then make changes in the dataset (while cleaning your data).
Thanks! I downloaded a file containing all deployed versions of the form, however the subsequent columns (in IW, IY and JM) do not have any data. The first column for this variable (column L) is the only column with information.
As a result, I still cannot seem to understand why we have this variable showing in the data set.
I posted about this earlier and I am still struggling with the same issue. I changed the options of a single-select question in my form more than a month ago approximately. Ever since I can see a strange variable in my excel file downloaded from KoBo. I would really appreciate further assistance on the matter.
This is the potential logic to your issue
Normally if you edit a form by deleting questions, the deleted questions will be stored as variables from previous versions of the form.
2, When you choose include field from all the XX deployed versions, all the variables you had ever created and deleted will appear as columns regardless of whether they have data or not.
As it is, the issue would be whether you need to get the previous versions or not. Unfortunately there is no way to select which previous versions and variables should be excluded.
I had to remove a lot of the other variables because the file was to big to share even on google sheets. Additionally, I have de-identified the data as well. I have shared a screenshot of the question in its current form with the additional options added and how it shows in the report currently in an Excel filter to give you an overview.