Using "and " "or " conditions at the same time

Hello I want to use the “and” - “or” condition at the same time, like the “nested” condition. For example, if the Participant Type is beneficiary and the school level category is 1 or 2 then show this result. You can see the conditions I tried to write in the pictures below.Thanks.

What are the categories (with codes) for your variable School_Level? Knowing that would help us provide you a suitable solution for your issue.

Would also appreciate if you could share your xlsform with the community so that the community would be able to better understand and help you out. You could share only the questions that are required for this issue.

Hello @Kal_Lam thank you for your response. Please kindly find related xls form attached.Registration_Form.xlsx (13.0 KB)

Hello,
You just need to pack the or and and in ( … ) brackets, like ( (… and …) or (… and …) ) and ( … ).
Merry Xmas

1 Like

Still not working maybe i can’t put the brackets in the right place I would be glad if you do it on my xls form and share.

You could do it as outlined by @wroos. If you are still not able to understand, here is the same for easy understanding:

In your survey tab of your xlsform:

Data entry as seen in Enketo: when the conditions is satisfied

Data entry as seen in Enketo: when the conditions is satisfied

Data entry as seen in Enketo: when the conditions is not satisfied

Reference xlsform:

Registration_Form.xlsx (13.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the solution but my question is just the opposite. Other questions should not appear if Never_Attended and Quranic_School are selected.

I want to do it by typing not equal instead of the equal condition

OK, so try it in this way:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when a condition is met

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when a condition is met

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when a condition is not met

Reference xlsform:

Registration_Form.xlsx (13.5 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m grateful.

2 Likes