View the shares of a form

There all,

since a few days, when I try to share a form it is actually shared but I cannot visualize the shares, therefore to be sure it is shared I have to ask the person because I cannot view all the persons sharing it.

Thank you for your support,
Best, Natascia

Could you also provide us a screenshot of the following (for better understanding of your issue):

• The screenshot from the admin account
  • The screenshot from the shared account

Maybe you could share it through a private message if you feel that it should be dealt confidentially.

Dear Kal_Lam

the issue is apparently now solved, meaning that who shared the form can now visualize that the form is shared. However, it happened several times.
Kindly, have a look, this is the account who wanted to share the form (after added full options to the username “notaalex” this could not be visualized):

and this is the account of notaalex who actually could have access to the form (but without the person who shared being informed of this because of what explained above):

Could this happen when who is sharing is not the owner of the form?

Thank you,
Best

So you mean, natasciapalmieri provided full access to manitese_guinea_bissau. When manitese_guinea_bissau provides access to notaalex, notaalex is able to view the survey project but is not seen by the original user natasciapalmieri user natasciapalmieri's sharing permission?

Did i get you correctly? Kindly please correct me if i am wrong.

So you mean, natasciapalmieri provided full access to manitese_guinea_bissau. When manitese_guinea_bissau provides access to notaalex, notaalex is able to view the survey project but is not seen by the original user natasciapalmieri user natasciapalmieri’s sharing permission?
YES and neither seen by manitese_guinea_bissau who provided the full access

thanks

YES and neither seen by manitese_guinea_bissau who provided the full access

Some issues are still running.
Please, have a look to this:

but also the username burkina_manitese has access to the same form although it does not appear.
Right now if I try to add share permission, I cannot see/visualize whether or not the username added has been effectively added.
Hope this is clear,

thanks Natascia

OK i now get your issue correctly. Let’s assume you have 3 user (user_A, user_B and user_C). user_A is an admin user and provides full access to user_B. user_B then provides full access to user_C.

So if you are viewing the sharing permissions from user_A you should be able to view all the three user accounts i.e. user_A as owner along with user_B and user_C with the access provided.

But when you login to user_B, you will only see user_A as owner along with user_B with the access provided.

Similarly, if you login to user_C, you will only see user_A as owner along with user_C with the access provided.

Note: This was restricted due to security reasons. Also please be informed that KoBoToolbox is bringing a new feature called Manage project within sharing-permissions shortly i.e. maybe by the end of this week or early next week.

There, if you select Manage project under the sharing-permissions the user account being provided the sharing-permissions feature should be able to view all the other user accounts i.e. suppose if you go back with the conditions provided above and provide ‘Manage project’ for user_B, user_B should also able to see all the user accounts like user_A (who is an admin user). Similarly, if user_C is provided with Manage project, user_C like user_B and user_A should also be able to see all the users being provided with sharing-permissions.

Will let you know when this feature is available with KoBoToolbox.

OK Kal_Lam,

I see, thanks a lot and waiting for the new feature!

Best, Natascia

1 Like

Hi @natascia,

Please be informed that the sharing permissions now has the Manage project which should solve the issue you have outlined before.

For details, please see the announcement release note:

Hi Kal-Lam,

thank you for updating me!
Best, Natascia

1 Like

Good day. Please assist. I am having a similar issue.
I shared a form with my team member in Uganda (u/n: schools2030). They cannot see the form on their side. I have removed, reshared the form and they have refreshed their Kobo. Still no luck. Please assist?

@Kal_Lam please assist

@khulisa Are both users using the same server?

Yes. It doesn’t allow you to share with someone on the other server.

1 Like