Where to find ENKETO_API_TOKEN local install

Hello,

I am following a docker install of kobotoolbox and have made the various configurations on envfile.local.txt.

How do I get the token for ENKETO_API_TOKEN.

I have looked at the documentation but do not quite understand how to get the token key.

Thank you for the assistance.

The ENKETO_API_TOKEN should be a random string. It can be anything, and just needs to be consistent between the Kobo server and the Enketo server. It should be unique for each installation, which is why a default value is not provided.

Are you entering this value inside the “kobo-docker” envfile.local.txt or envfile.server.txt ? Or somewhere else? I can update the preceding comment to make this more clear.

···

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 2:47:11 AM UTC-7, Zizi Jama wrote:

Hello,

I am following a docker install of kobotoolbox and have made the various configurations on envfile.local.txt.

I have looked at the documentation but do not quite understand how to get the token key.

Hello Alex,

I think Zizi is trying to deploy Kobo locally, therefore, the file is envfile.local.txt. I’m encountering similar problem but for me I’m deploying it to a server. The file envfile.server.txt

Many thanks

···

On Thursday, 29 June 2017 03:01:16 UTC+3, Alex Dorey wrote:

The ENKETO_API_TOKEN should be a random string. It can be anything, and just needs to be consistent between the Kobo server and the Enketo server. It should be unique for each installation, which is why a default value is not provided.

Are you entering this value inside the “kobo-docker” envfile.local.txt or envfile.server.txt ? Or somewhere else? I can update the preceding comment to make this more clear.

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 2:47:11 AM UTC-7, Zizi Jama wrote:

Hello,

Hello Alex,

Yes I am using the “kobo-docker” envfile.local.txt

If I understand correctly as a way of example ENKETO_API_TOKEN=emxZ4nfPBs

Should the string be of a particular length?

Thanks

···

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 11:47:11 AM UTC+2, Zizi Jama wrote:

Hello,