Why does an Enketo Date field insist on 1970 no matter what other year is entered?

I have another question. Why does an Enketo Date field insist on 1970 no matter what other year is entered?

Please find attached a video clip of the Preview screen and the screenshots of the Question options screen and the corresponding XLS file row.

Kind regards,

Suha Ülgen
sulgen@riskred.org

(Attachment None other but 1970.mov is missing)

(Attachment PastedGraphic-1.tiff is missing)

(Attachment PastedGraphic-2.tiff is missing)

None of the previous attachments are supported by your site. I am resending two of the attachments with supported file reformats except the video file which is not accepted by the site.

Here are a few screenshots off of the video which somewhat depicts what the problem is.

@Suha325, could you share the relevant part of the XLSForm so that the community could also do the testing?

Dear @Kal_Lam,

Please find attached the .xlsx file attached.

Thanks.

Suha Ülgen
sulgen@riskred.org

Persistent 1970.xlsx (7.91 KB)

Dear @Kam_lam,

Did the community have an explanation for this behavior? I have not heard back from anyone.

Thanks.

Suha

Persistent 1970.xlsx (7.91 KB)

You substract to dates, resulting in a date type. This cannot directly be divided by a number, e.g. 365.
Using the (famous) search function of the forum, please, you can find several examples how to calculate an age: Search results for 'calculate age' - KoboToolbox Community Forum

2 Likes