502 Bad Gateway API connection from Kobo Server to Power BI Server

Dear @osmanburcu

if I understand your message is for me to limit import in to 3 or 4 batches then append them after importing,

what I did previously id import the data directly using one file name “Data” and replicate it into 51 queries do to some of the question is multiple selection which I cannot split and unpivot them because is increasing the main data, below is the screenshot of the main data which i cycle it and replicated data, also I have cycle the number of queries

Yes this is what i exactly said, You don’t need to do this duplication to all forms, just do it to the one you can’t refresh

1 Like

Dear @osmanburcu

But you know I duplicate all of them and when refreshing I’m getting error in all of them, I have to do new designed by using the limitation you suggested

I suggest you using the API V2 if you would like to do a new design, what i could suggest you is, you can create a new data set, where you use the limitation and merge them as one data, later you can use this table as a reference to other tables and the rest should be done by power bi automatically

1 Like

Dear @osmanburcu @Kal_Lam

I have successfully downloaded the data in different batches like is show in this message I reply
but is skips some of my field e.g. “section_2_general_protection/no_family_members_loc” is completely missing and if I check the main data in kobo I can see the field, kindly help. Thanks

Dear @baana2005,

As i mention in the previous message, i can’t comment anymore because i told everything possible. If you are willing to share the Power BI pbix file and kobo user name and password, please drop it to me a private message and let me review and come back to you.

As you can see from the previous messages, i couldn’t predict how many columns, how many submissions, how big data you have, the structure of the data. It is much easier for me to spot the mistake if i see the data.

Hi

@baana2005, I checked the Power BI and i can find the column you mentioned in the dataset, would you be missing it by mistake?

1 Like

Dear @osmanburcu

The first file in the folder was before I used the new data which you help me separate it in to three batches, I have upload the new file with name" Protection Monitoring Interactive Dashboard v2 (1).pbix" the new data which remove the field mention above

Delete the last expended column1 step, because while you are importing the data you did not click the load more button probably,

After you delete the step, click the double arrow, and click the load more sentence, after it loads all the columns just click the OK to proceed. Your column should appear in the data set.

1 Like

Dear @osmanburcu

Wow, Thank you for fixing my issue.

2 Likes

if you are creating your dashboard again, I highly suggest you to use API v2 and you can directly import it as Excel file, so i believe you will not need to import your data as three separated file and will not need to replace your values, it will decrease your work load as well as the duration of the updates. Please check the video below, it might give you some idea and if you need help, let me know

2 Likes

@osmanburcu, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

1 Like