Adding video to kobo forms

Thanks to all of them who answered the query very well. I just want to share one important point while adding video to Kobo form. That is, the video must be optimized with the help of the InShot Pro APK before uploading. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thank you for posting this. I am trying to upload a video .mp4 format to a form, and I am still getting the same issue mentioned in this thread - thats seems had been solved back then. I am following the steps one by one, but I keep on getting a error message saying it couldn’t be uploaded. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you!

Welcome to the community, @Violetafernandezm! This support article should help you solve your issue:

Hi @Kal_Lam, thank you for your quick answer!

Unfortunately any of this worked. I was using the support article’s instructions, but the problem is that when I try to upload any video file it gives me an error message, so it is never uploaded in the media section of kobo. I have tried with -avi, .mov and nothing worked. I tried uploading other files like an image and it did work…

@Violetafernandezm, which server are you using?

I’m using google chrome

Maybe this support article Which Server Should I Use should help you identify the server you are using.

Hi @Kal_Lam , thank you! apologies for the mistake… I am using the humanitarian version

@Violetafernandezm, could you share a screenshot of the error message? This should help us troubleshoot your issue.

Sure, I attach it below.
When I try uploading a video file, and this happens:

I tried with image files and it does upload them correctly. It’s only with video files - with all different formats.

@Violetafernandezm, I just tried uploading a sample mp4 file and could upload and deploy it. FYR:

Uut of my curiosity, could you also let us know the total size of your video file? Maybe it’s too large?

Sure, the video is 104 MB

Could you zip it and try it again? Maybe zipping should help.

I just tried reducing the video to the minimum size and it worked!! but the quality of the image is very low… so I will try zipping the right one and see if it works… Thank you very much for the help!

1 Like

@Kal_Lam this is just to let you know that zipping it doesn’t work - I assume the system wouldn’t recognise the extension as valid - but decreasing the size did. Thank you for the help!

2 Likes

Hi @Violetafernandezm,

Glad you solved it, can you also share the new size of your video? So in the future, if someone has the same problem, we can know what is an acceptable size.

1 Like

Sure, the current size video is 24MB, but I will try to increase a bit more to improve the quality and see what happens.

2 Likes

@Violetafernandezm, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: