Advanced skip logic

Is there a way to add ‘skip logic’ to questions options based on answer provided in another question. For example:

1. How old is the child in months?
  2. Which doses of measles vaccine has the child received?
    Option 1: 1st dose (option only displays if child is 18 months and below)
    Option 2: 2nd dose ( option displays only when child is 18 months and above).

@warrenmxt, please be informed that you could do it as outlined in the support article Adding Skip Logic. You could also find a relevant community post that has been discussed previously:

Thanks @Kal_Lam for your response but that’s not quite what I was looking for (I’m very familiar with skip logic). I apologize for not being very clear the first time around.

The ‘skip logic’ (not sure if that’s the correct term to use) I’m exploring is on question choices and not the question itself :thinking:. To put it in perspective, I’m designing an immunization coverage form for several vaccines for children under the age of 60 months (5 years)

. Immunization doses are give at specific age months and this can be quite confusing if one is looking at a large sample size.

I’m wondering whether it’s at all possible to not show, for example, dose 2 of the measles vaccine in this

follow up question based on the age of the child; i.e., because the child has not reached the age of 18 months to receive the second dose.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Thanks

Warrenmxt.

Hi @warrenmxt, you may find what you are looking for here in the docs.

You can see this in action with the following simple example using the choice_filter column in the survey sheet:

survey

type name label choice_filter
integer age_months What is the age of this child?
select_multiple measles measles_dose i) Measles months < ${age_months}

choices

list_name name label months
measles d1 Dose 1 9
measles d2 Dose 2 18
2 Likes

Thanks @Josh . Your response worked beautifully.

Cheers

Warrenmxt

1 Like