Area calculation of geoshape

Hi,

I’ve had problems integrating the area calculation of a geoshape for a deployment on KoBotoolbox. The form gets validated on ODK validate, but the area calculation is not recognized when I try to upload my form on KoBo. Any clues? I’m told it works on Kobo, but can’t seem to get it to work. Help is much appreciated, Thanks - Gen

Error message:
ODK Validate Errors: XForm Parse Warning: Warning: 1 Unrecognized attributes found in Element [input] and will be ignored: [query] Location: Problem found at nodeset: /html/body/group[@ref=${identification}.a]/input With element
Problem found at nodeset: /html/body/group[@ref=${identification}.a]/input With element
org.javarosa.core.log.WrappedException: Error evaluating field ‘shape_area’: The problem was located in calculate expression for ${identification}.a/shape_area XPath evaluation: cannot handle function ‘area’ => org.javarosa.xpath.XPathUnhandledException[The problem was located in calculate expression for ${identification}.a/shape_area XPath evaluation: cannot handle function ‘area’] org.javarosa.core.log.WrappedException: Error evaluating field ‘shape_area’: The problem was located in calculate expression for ${identification}.a/shape_area XPath evaluation: cannot handle function ‘area’ => org.javarosa.xpath.XPathUnhandledException[The problem was located in calculate expression for ${identification}.a/shape_area XPath evaluation: cannot handle function ‘area’] >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid

You could do this as outlined in the post discussed previously: