Attendance Sheet using Kobo

Can you help me creating an attendance sheet for students and teachers ?

@Kal_Lam @stephanealoo your help is highly appreciated

Welcome to the community, @bkryasim! Maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

Are you trying to design this for daily use or for one time event?

OK, maybe you could design it as follows:

• Your first question should have a date variable to capture the date.
  • Your second variable should be a select_one question type. In the label, you will need to place the name of your students. In the choices, you will need to have 2 options i.e. 1. for Present and 2. for absent.
  • Follow the same step as above i.e. your third variable should also have a select_one question type. In the label, you will need to place the name of your students. In the choices, you will need to have 2 options i.e. 1. for Present and 2. for absent.
  • Repeat this until you get all the students name loaded in the question.
  • Then save it and deploy it.

So you are not ready to make your attendance sheet.

Maybe our community should have other easier approach to design the same. Hopefully they may share it with you here.

I will be entering all the names manually?
any other easier approach I have seen a solution here
but it has not solved the issue also

You do not need to enter the names manually. You will need to use the names in the label of the select one question.

But maybe this is not a good approach. Maybe someone who have designed these previously should be able to share with you some sample (which could be helpful for you).

@stephanealoo any thoughts on the matter

Hi @bkryasim
You can combine the approach proposed by @Kal_Lam and use this approach to populate the names

Stephane

1 Like

@mike.destaubin any thoughts ?

Hi @bkryasim
Have you tried the combination provided by @Kal_Lam and I?

Stephane

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

solution was not clear for me as i did not how to combine the two methods,

hello @Kal_Lam check DM