Audit audio recording

How can I do an audit audio recording while collecting data using kobo application for android and how to download data?

how can I make recording of some questions in the background while data collector asking respondent and entering the data for quality audit?

It’s a feature request being discussed in the ODK forum which is still at work …

1 Like

@Ahmed.Seliem, kindly please be informed that KoBoToolbox now supports background-audio with the upgrade of pyxform. It can be integrated to the xlsform as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Image 1

Background audio stored in the server (DATA>Table):

Background audio (recorded in .arm format) can be download from DATA>Downloads>Media Attachments (ZIP)

Reference xlsform:

background audio.xlsx (10.0 KB)

Note: This feature at the moment is only supported through Collect android app. Enketo does not support this.

For more details on other new features, please feel free to go through our release note:

Thanks for the update.
Best
Ahmed

1 Like

@Kal_Lam , The example on the background recording of the entire interview/survey is helpful. But can you help me with how to record only selected questions? For example … assuming I want to record only question 2.

Secondly, is it possible to make the recording hidden? Thus, the researcher/enumerator would not know that question is being recorded.

Thanks.

Welcome back to the community, @RayRay!

Please be informed that this is not possible with backgroud-audio at the moment. However, you could still use the audio question type to collect individual questions as outlined in the support article:

Please also be informed that these audio questions cannot be made hidden.

However, I am also pinging @lognaturel and @Xiphware if they should have any updates with making a background-audio question type possible for selected questions.