Bring data into Tableau dashboard (live)

Hello community,
I am wondering if anyone else is having issue using the Web Connector for Kobotoolbox. I keep getting the message “System Error Please Try Again”, when trying to connect to the kf.kobotoolbox.org server from tableau public. I don’t get to the stage where I can see the list of my forms.
My token is clearly fine, because I use the same to pull data into google sheets.
Are there any alternative solutions to pulling data into tableau?
Thank you!

J’ai le même problème, j’ai toujours du mal à connecter Tableau à mes données KoboToolbox via l’API.
J’espère qu’il y’aura d’autres propositions de solutions…

Welcome to the community, @clemensg! Have you tried using this API that has been discussed in our other post? cc: @Adnan

Hi guys,

The thing I don’t understand is from the WDC I have access to forms on kobo.humanitarianresponse.info with option “kobotoolbox: humanitarian” and “kobo custom installation” and it works but I don’t have access on my own server with custom installation.

I know all informations are rights because it works with kobo.humanitarianresponse.info.

We need to know what is missing in the configuration of the server. :slight_smile:

I’ve found a solution for my own server.

The problem come from the API URL.
I’ve written this url: http://kc.mydomain.org/api/v1
It worked fine. I can use datas from kobo to Tableau.
Hope it could help.

Thanks for the advice.
I have tried that, but it also does not work.
Found a way around it, by exporting to google sheets and then connecting the google sheet with tableau. You need to refresh manually though, but its only one additional click.