Cannot export/download my data (Exports remain at Processing mode)

Dear all,

My correspondents have finished their data submission. I tried to download their data but I came up (for the first time ever) with a problem. It seems that the Export function from the Data > Downloads > Export is not functioning properly.

I request an Export as XLS (Export type) with XML (value and header format) and Latest unsaved settings (concerning the Apply saved export settings choices) and is constantly writing that it is in Processing mode.

Although it creates a new line on Exports table, the status of the procedure remains at Processing mode and does not produce the Download button in order to download the xls file.

Bear in mind, that I have downloaded previous data (on March 23) but I cannot download the newest data submitted after this specific date. Also, I haven’t deployed any new xlsform since 17th of March.

Looking forward to your solution.

Kind regards,

Dimitris

Welcome to the community, @avouris_dim! Could you also share a screenshot of the error you are getting with the community? Please also let us know the server you are using.

Dear KaL,

thank you for your immediate response.

Screenshot:

I am using Global KoboToolbox Server. To be honest, when I registered for the first time I think this server had a different name.

Best regards,
Dimitris

It seems that the “solution” is to untick the box on the Advanced Options (Data > Downloads tab) of the “Include data from all XX versions”.

It has downloaded a file that looks OK. I’m only left wondering why this didn’t happen before. I had never ticked (or unticked) anything from the Advanced Options and it was downloading my dataset with no idle time.

I will not flag this as a Solution and I hope that the Admins will figure out if we can call this as Solution.

Thanks again to the community for the support .

Best,
Dimitris

1 Like

@avouris_dim, it seems like you have multiple form deployments/redeployments.

Dear KaL,

Sorry for sending a personal message, but my issue is urgent and it remains unsolved. Is there any chance either to fix this export issue or (worst case scenario) to send me the entire dataset of the data submitted by my correspondents.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,
Dimitris

Thanks KaL for pointing that out.

Indeed, I had many deployments but that didn’t cause any download issues before.

Best regards,
Dimitris

1 Like