Can't submit Enketo form - endless loading rectangle (hanging when submit button is pressed)

Greetings @nat , @Kal_Lam @jnm @osmanburcu I have the same exact issue with multiple user spread across the global and failing to submit data due to this same exact infinite submit load. See image

Users have tried to use updated browsers, explorer, Mozilla and chrome but still nothing is helpful. We are running the ODK on digital ocean servers and have a tight deadline to meet and this has been a let down.

Please help with how I can quick resolve this? Did the upgrade to Enketo help to resolve the issue?

I need your help like immediately team.

Was also posted to ODK forum, see Can’t submit ODK form - endless loading rectangle (hanging when submit button is pressed) - Support - ODK Forum

1 Like

It’s 2024 and I’m experiencing the same issue. Most of the forms are not submitting with Enketo and neither are drafts saved. The same issue manifested in odk collect which I linked to kobotoolbox. That rectangle keeps sliding side to side for several minutes and it never gets through: Worse still, my progress is not saved. Has any solution been gotten? Thank you

Hi @mfolayan welcome to the community! I was the user who raised this question in the first place - however I’ve not been doing complicated forms with many repeats recently so haven’t personally hit this issue in a long time.
At the time we did find that it was only on a form that had many nested repeats - is that the case for you? If so it would be worth considering re-designing the form to reduce the number of repeats - make some questions static, or at least not nested.

We also mainly had issues where people didn’t go through the form in order, but rather went back and changed prior answers (which had cascading effect on later form elements). It is definitely worth testing your form with the most complicated scenarios and also on devices with not much memory - as some of the performance aspects of forms with many repeats are affected by the device performance.
Here’s another thread; Can’t submit ODK form - endless loading rectangle (hanging when submit button is pressed) - #19 by LN - Support - ODK Forum

1 Like

I came across this thread since I am currently also facing the issue of the infite upload bar. I use KoboCollect in its Web-Version (Enketo) with an XLS form tested for consistency via ODK - XLSForm Online. The Survey has been tested on different devices (PC using Chrome, Android Phone, IPhone) and different countries (Germany, Colombia). The error occurs in all devices & places.

I was playing around a bit with the form leaving out question blocks one by one (file attached). The following came out of that:

• Leaving the signature question (type: image, appearance: signature, parameters: undefined or with pixel-specification) out, the completed form is uploaded.
  • Curiously, when deleting everything but the block with the signature question, it uploads as well.

Since this seems to be an ongoing debate, I thought this may be helpful. However, maybe it is also a different issue. In any way, I would be curious to see what the error is and how to fix it (though in our case it is not pressing since we can just as well get the signature Pen & Paper / in a seperate survey).

S1 - Invitation (Kobo) - Test.xlsx (22.3 KB)

1 Like