Choice duplicate

Hi, When I try to preview my form, I get the error message: “There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet.” Another, perhaps related, problem is that the changes I do with the choices do not show up in the XLM Values even after I save and redeploy the from.

I know that others have asked this question before me and gotten help from you to resolve the problem, but I’m unable to use the previous conversation to solve my problem. Perhaps it’s because I am on the insight level of “chose and click”, and don’t really understand how the program works…

My form worked fine until two days ago, when I added some questions to it. The research team is set to start the data collection next week, so I’m a bit desperate to fix this fast.

Help would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Maggi

Hi @maggib,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing your xlsfrom with the community! The community should help identify your issue and solve them.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Sure, I’ll share the XLS form.
Thanks!
Maggi
SIS Utvikling Shared.xlsx (31.0 KB) ,

Hi @maggib,

I found the duplicate that i have highlighted with yellow and marked the font with red within list_name lf3sx85 whose name prefer_not_to_answer is seen repeated twice within list_name lf3sx85. For your ease check row number 89 and 93 under choices tab.

Image 1

The principle behind this is that each list_name should have unique code under it’s associated name.

e.g. this is not allowed …

list_name name
test a
test a
test a

… but this is allowed …

list_name name
test a
test b
test c

If this is maintained you should not have to see this error message again.

Have a great day!

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so much!!! I looked for duplicates, but did not see that one. But, I wonder why the name in line 89 is Prefer_not_to answer when the label is No effect, and that’s also what the choice is in the questionnaire? Does it have to do with the form not updating the XLM values? Should I delete a choice and add another instead of just changing the text of a choice?
Maggi

1 Like

Hi @maggib,

You could make changes in the xlsform and then replace and redeploy your survey project. It should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi,

The issue I had was resolved. Thank you very much for your prompt response, it was very helpful!

Regards,

Maggi

2 Likes