Converting data into SPSS

Halo Kal
Yes i went through all procedures and i even watch YouTube videos and i follow all steps but in the end some data are missing can’t see them especially rating data and multiple choice i wish there could be a way to just convert into .sav file directly

Hi @wibonela,

Which version of the download did you use while converting to SPSS?

Have a great day!

SPSS labels let me attach the screenshot

Hi @wibonela,

This is just a label that you are downloading it from the KoBoToolbox server. Could you also show us the dataset (i.e. the format in xls or xls (legacy) etc.) that you download to user it with this label.

Have a great day!

Dear @Kal_Lam

The screenshot shows all data type that i downloaded from the server.

As you can see i tried, xlsx and xlsx(legacy), CSV, SPSS only xlsx (legacy) shows some more data but rating data are not included, if i can share with you the data set privately?.

Hi @wibonela,

Could you share with me the following (through a private message) as outlined here so that i could have a closer look at your issue:

• Username
  • Server (OCHA or HHI)
  • Project name

Have a great day!

Hi !!
I had issues with inserting SPSS label. From the instruction in “converting data into SPSS …”, it says “Now open the syntax you downloaded on step 2 and run the syntax.” And after running it, it says “errors…” Would that be ok if you can send me a tutorial video on how to insert SPSS label? That would be very helpful.

Hi @Chanleap,

Welcome to the community! Have you installed SPSS in your PC? If not, you may get an error message.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal!
Thanks for your prompt response.

I have. And I was about to open the CSV data in SPSS but not able to insert the labels.

Hi @Chanleap,

Could you kindly share (if you feel like the same should be treated confidentially please share it through a private message) with me the csv data and the spss label syntax file. Would like to have a look at it.

Have a great day!

Let me ask my research lead first as the report has not been published. Will send them through when I get an approval. Thanks for your support

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam!

It is confidential, so I can not share sorry. Would there be another way to address this issue?

1 Like

Hi @Chanleap,

Let’s see if there is any similar issues in the community! Maybe that would help you.

Have a great day!

I will share with you the error messages I got when attempting to insert the labels tomorrow. Thanks !! you too have a great day !!!

1 Like

Hi @wibonela, cc: @Chanleap

Would you mind having a look at this post that has been discussed previously. It should solve your issue (you should slightly fix your variables as outlined in this post and you should be able to fix the issue):

In your case, you will need to fix the following:

as following:

… and your problem should be solved.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Guys, I was also troubled with the same problem and after many attempts the following method worked for me.
Just download the “CSV(legacy)” file and save it as an Excel file. Then import it to SPSS. After this, you can also run the SPSS syntax mentioned above and very few missing labels like “starting time” and “device ID” (in my case) will appear.

Anene

1 Like

Hello,
Why not export as XLS with XML Values and Header option?

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam
Could you review, please: There might be an error in the cited support article Converting Data into SPSS and/or Stata

I think, exporting here with “Labels” option is not preferable. Should be “XML values and headers”?

Furthermore, why not use XLS format?

Kind regards?

1 Like

Hello, I tried that but labels are missing when you import the XLS to SPSS.

Anene

Hello,
Would you mind to read the support article cited. The (extra) label import is explained there.

1 Like