Could someone help me design this question type that woks with KoBoCollect android app?

If possible, could you assist me with another thing?

I’d like to insert other types of questions, those posed in “Step 2” of the TAPE methodology.

I’ve inserted two questions as an example. Do you have recommendations on how to insert these questions in the xlsform? I would like to use the ‘question matrix’ but I understand it is only available through Enketo, not on KoboCollect?

Hi @waasthissen,

Regarding your concern:

Yes, you got that right. Matrix question type can only be used with Enketo aka web-forms and cannot be used with KoBoCollect android app.

You could design the tables that you have outlined above using the matrix question type as outlined in our support article Question Matrix Response Type.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal_Lam,

Thanks for your response!

Since we’d like to use android to collect the data, I will have to find a way to work around matrix questions not being available - or alternatively, find some way to use the enketo web-forms to gather the data.

Will matrix question type integration with KoboCollect be a reality any time soon?

Thanks!

Hi @waasthissen,

In this case, try with this workaround (list-nolabel under the appearance column) discussed previously (it should solve your issue):

Regarding your concern:

Maybe @Xiphware should be able to answer your query.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Currently, AFAIK this feature isn’t on any development schedule for ODK Collect. But feel free to chime in on the ODK Forum thread on this specific feature [especially if you have funding to make it a reality… :wink: ]

1 Like

Hi Xiphware,

Thanks for the response! I will follow the thread.

Waas

1 Like