Data from OCHA server to my own server (self hosted KoBoToolbox server)

Hello,

Is there a way to migrate data from humanitarianresponse website to my own server? I know there is an API which can be used to get the data and can be stored in a database but how would it be possible to store the data as it is done by Kobo Toolbox? Is there any POST API using which data can pushed to respected form?

Thanks,
Danish

1 Like

Hi @dhakim,

Currently this feature is not directly available in KoBoToolbox. However, you could do the same using the python script as discussed in the post that has been discussed previously.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for you reply, I have checked the xls-import git repo and it seems like it may solve the problem. Only thing I noticed that in this post Importing xls data into KoBoToolbox @tinok mentioned that XML can be pushed via API for a already created form, do you know where I can find reference to this API?

Thanks,
Danish

Hi @dhakim
Could you kindly expound on what you really want to do so that we see what is applicable for you

Stephane

Hello @stephanealoo,

Thank you for your reply, what I exactly want to do is this below, let me know how is it possible via the best possible method.

We have some forms which have some submissions against them running on Humanitarian Response Kobo Toolbox. We would like to export our complete data (which are forms and submissions) from Humanitarian Response Kobo Toolbox to our own server Kobo Toolbox.

Regards,
Danish
`

Hi Danish,
Thank you for reaching out. There is no inbuilt future that would allow you to do so. You can however have a look at the following discussions that talk about a python workaround.

Stephane