Deploying form in different platform

I am a new user. So I might have several questions. Sorry for that.

I have a form where 100+ users will enter data from different locations -

1. Can I have both android and web based data collection simultaneously using the same form? Which platform is better for data collection?
  2. But while deploying the form, in ‘Collect data’ part there are only option I can choose, ‘online-offline’ … ‘android application’. So what do I do?
  3. Should I give my own user id/pass of Kobotoolbox to those 100+ users/enumerators? If yes, then where is my privacy? Isn’t there other way?
  4. If I shall repeat the same survey after 3 months, how do I differ data? Is there any way of data collection round or like baseline/mid-line/end-line?
  5. Is there any repository (shared location) within kobotoolbox of complex forms where one can get ideas how to develop form?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

Hi,
Welcome to KoBoToolbox and to the community forum. See my comments to each query you had raised.

Yes this is possible. No platform is better than the other, you just need to know that there are some design options that do not work on the webforms as opposed to the data collection app and vise versa.

You need to follow the insructions that are clearly detailed here

NO YOU SHOULD NOT. The reason being that you will need to give them your password too. The best way is to create user accounts it could be one data collector account, and then share with them the project using the procedures detailed here

The system does not offer relational capabilities as a direct system. You need to be able to adapt your form to take advantage of functions like pull data and see discussions that have happened here

Generally, the library would be the repository for questions or forms. However the contributions to the library are entirely based on what users share or not. The best way is to ask within the community forum whether any user has had prior experience working on similar forms you may be interested in.

All the best.
Stephane

1 Like
  1. But while deploying the form, in ‘Collect data’ part there are only option I can choose, ‘online-offline’ … ‘android application’. So what do I do?
  2. Should I give my own user id/pass of Kobotoolbox to those 100+ users/enumerators? If yes, then where is my privacy? Isn’t there other way?
  3. If I shall repeat the same survey after 3 months, how do I differ data? Is there any way of data collection round or like baseline/mid-line/end-line?
  4. Is there any repository (shared location) within kobotoolbox of complex forms where one can get ideas how to develop form?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.
[/quote]

This is not the solution I wanted. I read and did the same and its different things. I asked about deploying the form not about Collecting Data with KoBoCollect.

Many thanks for your reply.

Hi @ahsanmani,

Please see the image below to better understand the different Collection Settings that you see after deploying your survey form:

Once you select the Online-Offline (multiple submission) press the COPY to get a URL or press OPEN to open the survey in Enketo (web form) that enables you to collect data either through online or through an offline mode.

You could also choose other modes (of data collection) as your wish. i.e. if you select the Online-Only (multiple submission) and press the COPY to get a URL or OPEN to open the survey in Enketo (web form) it should allow you to collect data through the online mode only.

For details, you could have a look at the support article here.

But please be informed that by default when you open your project you land on to the `Online-Offline (multiple submission)’ Collect data page. This should however not affect the data collection process that has been undergoing or shall be commenced soon. The important thing is the URL that you finalize (and share with your colleagues) to collect data (that you should get which i have discussed at the top of this post).

Have a great day!

1 Like