Error: ‘Allow_choice_duplicates’

Good morning from Korea!
First of all I want to say thank you for having the time to give help or even read about such problem.

I am having troubles previewing my survey and I’ve tried looking for duplicates in my xls.
I did the following steps of my “name” data column.

1. Select the cells you want to check for duplicates. …
  2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Duplicate Values.
  3. In the box next to values with, pick the formatting you want to apply to the duplicate values, and then click OK.

However, I found no duplicates and yet my survey says

“There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet”

How can I solve this problem?
P.S. I also want to share my xls. in advance, but I can’t upload my xls. in kobo…

Welcome to the community, @kbf_int! Try validating your xlsform through this online validator, and you should be able to identify the issues present within your xlsform.

Besides, this post discussed should also help you understand and solve your issue:

If you still have issues, please feel free to share your xlsform with the community. The community should be able to help you solve your issue.

Thank you so much! The online validator corrected my mistakes.

1 Like