Errors in deployed form during enumerator training

I have noticed one error in the form having correcting the syntax error. If i remove it the error returns. However the label in the form shows which should not.
Social Protection.xlsx (50.4 KB)

Hi @scherrie,

It’s because row number 218 from your survey tab has a label {'control': {'appearance': 'field-list'}, 'name': 'Rank_two_greatest_concerns', 'type': 'begin_group'} for a begin_group question. You could delete the label and keep it blank as it’s simply a begin_group.

Have a great day!

but it created an error when i used toe odk form to check the syntax

Hi @scherrie,

You could discard this error as it support with the forum builder UI in KoBoToolbox. However, if you wish to have a begin_group label, please feel free to add anything that is readable and not like the one displayed in row number 218 that is unreadable {'control': {'appearance': 'field-list'}, 'name': 'Rank_two_greatest_concerns', 'type': 'begin_group'}.

Have a great day!

thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

Perhaps the missing “end_repeat” caused error and the duplicates in choices as well…
yo7ra60 220 Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
yo7ra60 220 Gibraltar (UK)

Regards,
Bernie

1 Like

Thanks. But I have ‘end repeat’. I changed the duplication in choices and that error was fixed.

1 Like

Hi @scherrie
I noticed a problem with your tool on the calculation Tier_1

In the calculation, you have referenced calculation questions that appear within repeat groups. Unfortunately, you need to refer to the specific repeat instance you need for the calculation. You can do this by using the index repeat function

Stephane

1 Like

thank you stephanealoo,

I will review. Admittedly I am not good with programming, so allow me to reach back out to the community for assistance in resolving. I have made some revisions to the form. After I try I will upload the new version and let me now if it works.

1 Like

HI @scherrie
Not really necessary to back out; the index repeat function will definitely sort you out if you go through the article.
Stephane

1 Like

indexedrepeat.xlsx (51.7 KB)

Hi Stephanealoo and Kal can you look at the file and tell me if I have correctly dealt with the repeat group. I am still receiving the following error when I use odk to test the syntax

Repeat behavior has changed. Previously, some clients like ODK Collect prompted users to add the first repeat. Now, the user will only be prompted to add repeats after the first one. Representing 0 repetitions will require changing the form design. Rows 134 and 136.

Hi
This issue you have raised has been discussed here

1 Like

Honestly,

I am not understanding what I should do. Did I address the issue with the indexed-repeat properly?

Hi @scherrie
Did you manage to read the articles I had shared? It is important to really have a look at topics that have been previously covered. Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide form specific support for things that have been extensively discussed before. If you followed the last two articles you will be able to easily work out your own solution.

Stephane

I have read the articles. The challenge for me and the repeat group is that the repeat count for the additional preceeded the repeat group. I am unsertain if I am to remove that dynamic repeat.

I am sorry that I have not clearly understood the articles

aciDpSVY5S7XBhGmckvbPa (33).xlsx (50.7 KB)

I have taken a look at both articles again, and have done what I interpret it suggests. Can you please point me to where I am going wrong? I have a series of questions in 1 repeat group, Is it necessary to break into several repeat groups?

Hello. everyone.
I have issues in deploying my XLS form. I keep getting this error message:
"your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

ODK Validate Errors: >> XForm is invalid. See above for the errors. org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: Select question has no choices Result: Invalid"
Please help out.

Hi,
As the message indicate you have a question in your form which requires some choices. This could be a select_one or select_multiple however the list of the choices are not available within your list in the choices sheet. You should download your XLS form and inspect it carefully to see what is the issue.

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I have checked but I do not seem to identify the problem. Do you mind if I share the file with you?

Regards,
Marvellous.

Hi @Marvelous
Can you try using this (Link) to check first? Unfortunately you are best placed to look at your form to identify what is the missing choices name. I will be able to look at it later but I will give it a a lower priority since this is definitely a form design specific issue rather than a system issue.

Stephane