Follow up question after selecting multiple responses

I have inserted a follow up question on multiple response, so the challenge is when I click the choice with a follow up question, the question pops up but when I click other responses, the follow up question is not coming up. How do I solve this.

Welcome to the community @douglascharivanda! Would you mind sharing with the community a screenshot of the issue you are facing. This should help the community understand your issue.

1 Like

If I select Cancer only the follow up question pops up but when I select multiple choices the follow up question disappears, yet I need it to appear if one select cancer and other responses

Seems like you have an issue with the skip logic. To learn more on the same please feel free to have a look at our support article Adding Skip Logic. It should help you solve your issue.

As a backup this post discussed previously should also help you solve your issue:

1 Like

Thank you, its now running!

1 Like

Hello! Still on the above issue, what if one wants to apply for more than one skip logic in a multiple choice question eg the first example was to apply the following: selected(${diag}, ‘infect’)
for multiple I tried to use the following: selected(${diag}, ‘infect’,selected(${diag},‘cancers’,selected(${diag},‘endocrine’)))
and its not running

@douglascharivanda, would you be more specific so that the community could get you clearly and provide a suitable response for your query?

I have 1 question with multiple responses, after selecting multiple responses there should be 3 choices with follow up choices, so I am failing to code the skip logic such that the other choices will pop up.

Last time I had a similar question but with one choice which require follow up question so on the relevant column of my survey sheet I coded it like this: selected(${Qn1}, ‘3’)

So how to do it on multiple choices.

Do you mean something like this?

e.g. you have a question say which colour do you like?

The options are as follows:

• Colour 1
  • Colour 2
  • Colour 3
  • Colour 4
  • Colour 5

You have another question, when did you start liking it?

So say, the second question should only be visible if the user selects Colour 1 and Colour 3 and Colour 5. Else the second question should not appear. Is it something like this you are looking for?

Yes something like that, so how to code it such that the following question will appear, after selecting those three choices.

Sorry corrections: You will have to use the and instead of the or that is being used in the post shared previously.

I am getting this error message:

Encountered a problem with display condition for node [${dizz}] at line: if( ${diag} , ‘infect’, ( ${diag} ‘cancers’,if( ${diag} ,‘endocrine’), Mismatched brackets or parentheses

Sorry, have updated my post. You could use the and instead of the or. It should work.

Would you mind share an example … I am running it and its showing the same error message: Mismatched brackets and parentheses

You could do it as outlined below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when a condition is not met

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when a condition is met

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when a condition is already met

Reference xlsform:

Skipping_R.xlsx (21.4 KB)