Form Preview Error while cascading the options to the previous question

• FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: /model/instance[@id=“district_hospital”]/root/item[Sub District = /model/instance[1]/aRNRjxHjMvgNUnBkeQc7ux/group_ui4yj45/sub_district ], message: not sure how to handle expression called on nodeset that doesn’t start with a ‘/’: District{“stack”:[{“t”:“root”,“tokens”:[{“t”:“arr”,“v”:[]}]}],“cur”:{“v”:“District”}}

Can you please Help

Welcome @gautamkaveti,
Could you provide the part of your form where “sub_district” is used in group “group_ui4yj45”, please?

1 Like

TEST.xlsx (14.1 KB)
Please see my form in xls sheet and suggest where i did mistake

Did you check your form with the Online Validator? ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x

You have names with spaces inside. This is not allowed for names, see: “Only letters, numbers, and underscores are allowed in this field, and the field must start with a letter or an underscore.” Using the Question Options — KoboToolbox documentation

• " Names have to start with a letter or an underscore. Names can only contain letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, and periods. Names are case-sensitive." XLSForm Docs

In the survey sheet, some of those names have already been corrected automatically by KoBo, as indicated in the $given_name column. This should be avoided, esp. as it can create problems with references on the original names. The Online Validator would report those naming issues, before the automatic correction.

In addition, I would recommend to avoid dots inside names too.

Hint: For data protection, please, never publish personal and other sensible data (assessor?) in this forum, see

1 Like

Thanks @wroos … that Helps!!