GPS takes longer

Hi ,

I have an issue when i try and do GPS. It takes a while before the GPS is located. Is it something to do with KoBo or the device.

Cheers

Hi @l.pomana,

GPS for a device generally takes longer time to load in the following conditions:

• If you are trying to collect data in a bad weather i.e. on a cloudy day.
  • If you are trying to collect data from inside a house.
  • If you are trying to collect data with a cheap smartphone.
  • If you have just turned on your GPS.

Solution 1:

• Try avoiding to collect data in a bad weather. Collecting GPS is easier in a good sunny day when compared to a cloudy day.
  • Try not to collect GPS data from inside a house. The device should be faced towards the sky with no obstructions. This should help you to capture the GPS quickly.
  • Try using a premium device to collect GPS data for more accuracy.
  • Sometimes loading GPS data should also take time when you have just turned on your GPS. It’s always good to turn on your GPS before you start collecting data so that you are able to load them quickly.

Solution 2:

If you still have issues collecting GPS data with the solutions provided above you could download a third party android app viz. ActiveGPS- GPS booster from the Google Play Store. Start the ActiveGPS- GPS booster before collecting your GPS data and then turn it off once your work is completed. This should also solve your issue.

Have a great day!

2 Likes