Help understanding form building error

I have been receiving this error for a form I am building on the platform (no csv/xls uploaded). I am not sure which column or question this error message is reffering to in my form.

The name column for the ‘ox7sa54’ choice list contains these duplicates: ‘_’. Duplicate names will be impossible to identify in analysis unless a previous value in a cascading select differentiates them. If this is intentional, you can set the allow_choice_duplicates setting to ‘yes’. Learn more: XLSForm.org.

Welcome to the community, @gahq! Maybe this post discussed previously should help you understand your issue:

• Copy ox7sa54
  • Under the choices sheet Press CRTL+F
  • Then paste ox7sa54

You should now see the duplicate names. Fix it and you should be able to solve your issue. As a further check, you could also validate your xlsform through this online validator to see if there are any other syntax issues present within your xlsform.

Thank you for pointing me to this. I didn’t upload an Excel sheet and was building the form from scratch. Any idea why I’m seeing this error?

1 Like

@gahq, this is something strange that should not happen (in a form builder). But thank you for bringing this to the community. Maybe our community could chime in if they have faced this at their end too.