How do we determine ID for households and members; in fact, whether we do that, or it goes automatically?

Dear KoBo team,

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina and we just started a Social Mapping Project using KoBo Toolbox. I want to ask you some questions about filling out the questionnaire, if you can help me:

How do we determine ID for households and members; in fact, whether we do that, or it goes automatically?

Thank you very much in advance.

Welcome to the community, @jovana! Please be informed that there are multiple ways to manage ID for households. It basically depends upon how the researcher wishes to manage this. Maybe the following approach would be helpful for you:

• The first approach is managing it manually, where the researcher allocates a unique household number while during the sampling process.
  • The second approach is assigning it during data collection (while collecting data). You could achieve this by following the instructions outlined in the support article Creating Unique Serial Numbers in Forms. Or, you could also design your survey project as outlined in the post discussed previously:
  • And the third approach is taking consideration of the _id as a household number which is provided by the system: