How to make a cascading select question that has 3 layers?

@Kal_Lam,

I have the same issues. Giving two conditions in the choice filter column.

What I actually want is that I have a list of staff. I want to filter the staff list based on a specific location and a specific project selected above the form. i.e. assume if I select location A and project B, all the staff of location A and project B should be displayed. and if I change my selection to location A but project C, only the staff list of location A but project C to be displayed.

Waiting for your soonest reply.

Can you please respond to this post of mine?

thank you

@danishjownaqibullah, so what you are saying is that you have say 3 variables viz. location, project and staff. When you filter location and project you should only get the names of the required staffs?

@Kal_Lam,

Thank you for responding!

Yes, exactly, you got my point. So what i mean is to use casecade select with two criteria.

@danishjownaqibullah, you could design a multi-layer cascading select question as discussed in our previous post:

@Kal_Lam,

Thank you. But i am trying to understand the logic, Am not able to understand the logic and design the same in my xls. I would appreciate if you could shed light on the xls.

Maybe the best way to get through the cascading select is by following this support article Adding Cascading Select Questions.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam,

Thank you for taking time to respond. Finally i found that the issue was on giving names of labels in the choice filter column rather than their values, the issue resolved now.

1 Like