How to make != work in a survey

I am trying to make a survey where if they answer None of the above to a question, it skips some of the following survey blocks. To do this we have to use != because there are too many other choices to put all of them into a skip logic pattern for all the blocks that need to be skipped. Right now in our survey, the != isn’t working and these blocks are still showing up. Is there another way to build this skip pattern or something else that needs to be added with != so that it works?
Thanks!

Can you share the related part of your form here, please?
Is this a select_one or select_multiple question?

2 Likes

Yes thank you. It is a single choice question but there are 2 different set of questions asking ‘In which of these jobs did you experience the most abuse/exploitation?’ depending on which of the locations they chose and if they choose ‘None of the above’ in either of these questions the Abuses block should not show up. Attached are screenshots of the skip logic for the Abuses block. I also have attached the preview that shows that the Abuses block still shows up when None of the above is selected and the XLS form with the line highlighted in yellow for the skip logic for the Abuses block. I think there is something wrong in this XLS form because line 8 doesn’t mention line 6 or 4 but I don’t know how to fix it. Thank you!

@mstoeltje, could you share with the community the relevant part of your XLSForm so that the community can also check at the end?

Hello,
I shared this screenshot in the last email. Is there another part of the XLS form you would like to see? The highlighted line is the line for the Abuses block.
Thanks!

Would you mind to share an XLSForm the related choice_list and an XLSForm extract, please?

1 Like

Hello,
I just ended up doing the long way of inputting all the answers that will make the next blocks show up in the skip logic rather than trying to figure out how to do the !=. Thanks!

1 Like

@mstoeltje, glad to hear that you have finally solved your issue. BTW, the entire community would benefit if you could share the screenshot of your solution. Thank you in advance!

I didn’t really find a solution, I just ended up doing it the long way and listing out all possible = answers for the skip patterns in all the relevant questions/blocks. Attached is a screenshot. Thanks!

@mstoeltje, this post should solve your issue: