How to set the correct answer in multiple choice questions and to calculate the score and to set condition related to score

Hello Everyone,
I am conducting an application for a program in enhanced English. People with different levels in English will apply for this application, so I want filter those people by adding 10 MCQ for testing their knowledge. So if the participant answer 5 questions correctly they can complete the application while if they answer less than 5 questions correctly they will not be able to complete the application.
So I need your first help by knowing how to select the answer key and give it points.
and how calculate the over all score and set up the condition.

Welcome to the community, @hafiza_fouani2020usp! You could do it as outlined in the post discussed previously:

And this one too …

This too …

This one too …

And this one too …

1 Like

Hello Again,
Thanks for you help I appreciate it.
I still have a couple of questions, first if a have multiple choice questions with different answers, how I code the corrects answer(going, go, was, went) and how I can give it the score I want(5 points,10 points,…)
Thanks for your help.
kindly you can find the attached excel sheet to know what I am talking about clearly.

@hafiza_fouani2020usp, did you have a chance to go through the post shared above? Those post should be able to describe you how it can be done (and it also has example that you should be able to download as an xlsform).

Coming back to your query again:

Yes, this is able and you could do it in 2 different approaches.

Approach 1:

Provide a value code for each response like say 5 points for a true response, 0 points for a wrong response. Then add the same later on under a calculation question.

Approach 2:

Use the if-statement to assign a value if it qualifies to a certain response like, the correct answer may get 5 points while other answers may get 0 points. Then again add them later with a calculation question.

I would again request to go through the examples shared above. It should already have the design you are looking for. Maybe you will need to change the labels and then also change the scores. Doing so you should be able to achieve your search and solve your issue.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam ,

I have the same case for two questions, and I followed the above, but it is not working.

o Female: 2 points
o Other: 3 points

Marital status:
o Married = 2 points
o Divorced = 3 points
o Widowed = 3 points
o Single (never married) = 1 point
o Missing spouse = 3 points
o Separated = 3 points
o Do not know = 0 points
o Refused to answer = 0 points

Kindly find attached the xlsx form.
aQr3Z2B7AqksmfLkCfRPP9 (1).xlsx (7.2 KB)

Kindly advise.
Charbel

@Charbel, try the following as outlined in the image shared below and it should work:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

In the choices tab of your XLSForm:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

aQr3Z2B7AqksmfLkCfRPP9 (1).xlsx (11.6 KB)