If I want to collect geo point data offline with “Enketo web forms” as opposed to collecting via Kobocollect android app

Hello kobo community,
Thanks for the solution on this offline mapping topic. I want to know if there is any solution for “web forms” as well?

I mean if I want to collect geo point data offline with “Enketo web forms” as opposed to collecting via Kobocollect android app.

Your response is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

@transportengineer, could you also explain your issue with the community so that the community should be able to troubleshoot it with Enketo?

@Kal_Lam, the issue is that geo tagging is not working in offline mode on web form. Once you zoom in it turns grey and nothing is viwed on the map. (Screen shot attached)

For Kobocollect android app, “mbtiles” can be downloaded as layer but if I have to collect data using web forms, is there a way?

Thanks

And is it OK when you do not zoom in?

Yes, map is showing countries when its not zoom in.

But we require geotagging of some locations in specific cities that does require zoom in.

Hi @transportengineer
Could you please explain your issue in detail? Unfortunately, we cannot understand it clearly.

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Sorry about that. Actually the question is “can I place a point on map in offline mode using web forms?”

For example, in my case there is a question regarding work related trip. In that question, I need to locate both the home and office addresses on map.

So, can I geo locate these addresses on web form in offline mode? On my side I can’t as the map turns grey in offline mode.

Thank you.

@transportengineer, if you simply need to tag the location, you could use the appearance placement-map as outlined in the post discussed previously:

@Kal_Lam , this symbology is useful and my concern is resolved now as going with online data collection.

Thanks for the support.

1 Like