Is it possible to change the value of the calculation type field in the database?

The form contains calculation type fields. Is it possible to change the value of the calculation type field in the database, after saving the form data in the Kobo database?

Welcome back to the community, @vasyl_karas! Editing a calculation field is not possible. But if there are any dependent values that should alter the calculation field, you could open the submission and then change the value of a previous question that should trigger the change in a calculation field. But saying this, you are not allowed to alter the calculation field solely.

Thank you, I solved the problem. Before this, I was making changes in table view, and when I did it in form view, everything worked. !

1 Like

@vasyl_karas, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

@Kal_Lam, @vasyl_karas ,
There is also a workaround:

• You could create and deploy a new version of the form for editing, changing the calculate type to another (visible) type, for example to text type or integer. Then you would be are able to edit the values in modal mode and even in bulk edit.

It is risky in bulk mode, as you need to control the data consistencies manually for the edited (former calculate) type.

I updated the posting, based on the new Enketo release: Release Notes - version 2.022.24 and related patch releases - #11 by jnm

1 Like

@wroos, thank you for sharing the updates! :clap: :heart: :partying_face: