Is the “start-geopoint” feature supported right now for Kobotoolbox?

I am curious about the current status of the problem in this title. Is the “start-geopoint” feature supported right now for Kobotoolbox? (I think it’s not.)

Update the formpack requirement to include support for pyxform 1.5.1 by jnm · Pull Request #3242 · kobotoolbox/kpi · GitHub What did the development on this link means, I couldn’t understand.

I get the error when I try to deploy a form to Kobo with a start-geopoint feature. >>> "Your Form Cannot Be Deployed Because it Contains Errors:

Unknown Question Type ‘Start-Geopoint’. "Error fault.

Edit: If this feature has not been released, is there an estimated date for release?

Best regards,
Nejad

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @nejad! Please be informed that this metadata question type is supported with KoboToolbox. FYI, you could test this sample XLSForm:

start-geopoint.xlsx (9.6 KB)

However, please be informed that you will need to activate your GPS while collecting data. Else the metadata question type may not work as expected.

2 Likes

I’m posting this here just in case it’s not a known issue:

Forms with this field (start-geopoint) cannot be opened in the form editor. The page breaks and looks like this:

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing this to the community, @ks_1! I have created a GitHub issue, and you should now be able to track the same here:

2 Likes

Hello @Kal_Lam,
Would you mind to take a look at the GitHub status also: 3 related issues are declared “closed”? In addition, I think, your’s is a bug issue, not an “enhancement”. Have the “closed” issues been tested?

@wroos, FYR: